Get my nutrition tips, healthy food recommendations, and delicious recipes:
These superfood breakfast cookies are loaded with nutrient dense ingredients. They’re delicious, healthy, and perfect to take on the go! They’re free of gluten, dairy, & refined sugar, and also vegan friendly.
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup dried cranberries, raisins, or other dried fruit
1/2 cup almonds or other seed/nut
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large mashed banana or 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil or butter
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, honey, or other liquid sweetener
2 tablespoons almond milk or other milk of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (oats, oat flour, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt).
3. Stir in mashed banana, coconut oil, honey, and almond milk until well blended.
4. Let mixture rest for 4–5 minutes, giving time for chia and flax to bind everything together. (If your dough has gotten too thick, stir in an additional 1–2 tablespoons milk).
5. Measure cookies with 1/4 measuring cup and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or lightly greased).
6. Bake for 15–18 minutes, or until cookies are lightly golden around the edges.
– Store leftovers in an airtight container for 2–3 days.
– If you don’t have oat flour you can easily make it yourself by finely grinding whole oats in a food processor or coffee grinder.
– You can also substitute equal amounts of nuts, seeds, or dry fruit.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel and let me know what videos you want to see from me in the comments section!