Ingredients: (Makes 25-30 depending on size!)
1 cup popcorn kernels, plus ingredients to make
1 1/4 cup butter (2 1/2 sticks)
1 1/4 cup honey
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
cooking spray for your hands and the pan
air heads xtremes candy
1. Make the popcorn according to the package.
2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and generously spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
3. Heat the butter, salt, and honey in a saucepan over medium heat until the butter is melted, stirring occasionally.
4. After the butter is melted, turn up the heat until a gentle boil is reached.
5. Let boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in the 2 tsp vanilla extract until combined.
7. Pour into the prepared pan.
8. Add the popcorn a little at a time and stir to coat. (Be sure not to add any left over kernels that didn’t pop! You don’t want to bite into those!)
9. After all of the popcorn is added and coated which does take a while, put into the oven for 25 minutes. (Open the oven door and stir every 5 minutes until it is all golden brown, but not burnt.)
10. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes.
11. Spray your hands with cooking spray and form into balls. If you are using the rainbow candy firmly press them into each ball. Let set and enjoy!!!
These little popcorn balls are so good! I’m not sure I have ever made popcorn balls before, but I definitely will again! The honey/butter mixture turned them such a pretty color of gold which was perfect for this recipe! I like that they are smaller too so they are easy snacks! Thanks for watching and Hapy St. Patrick’s Day!!!
Hey everyone free mama here today I'm Going to show you how to make pot of Gold popcorn balls Okay let's start off with our Ingredients first you're going to need One cup of uncooked popcorn kernels and Then whatever it calls for to actually Cook those one and a fourth cup of Butter so that's two and a half sticks One and a fourth cup of honey three Fourths of a teaspoon of salt two Teaspoons of vanilla extract some Cooking spray for your hands and the pan And then if you want to add a rainbow For your pots of gold I'm going to use The AirHead Extreme rainbow candy All right let's go ahead and get started Go ahead and preheat your oven to 325. All right I am popping my popcorn here In um just on the stove in a large Saucepan and then over here on medium Heat I've got my butter salt and honey And I'm just going to stir that until It's all combined over medium Heat and The butter is melted All right my popcorn has all popped I Just took that off the heat and stuck it To the side my butter is just about Melted so when it does melt we're going To turn this up to high heat and let it Boil for one minute stirring it Constantly all right my honey butter Mixture is has boiled for the minute so I removed it from the Heat and now I'm
Just going to add in my two teaspoons of Vanilla and stir that to combine all Right now I have this very large baking Pan that I just went ahead and Generously sprayed with cooking spray And we're going to pour the honey butter Mixture into this all right that looks Great so next I'm just gonna gradually Add my popcorn in there and stir it to Coat it until all of my popcorn has been Added all right all my popcorn is nice And um Stirred in there you that does take a Little time because you really want to Make sure you get it all nice and coated And now we are going to stick that in The oven at 325 for 25 minutes but every Five minutes we are going to stir it Just to make sure that everything turns Golden brown and doesn't burn All right all my popcorn balls are done And they are so adorable I just formed Them with my hands and you can see how Big they are you can make them as big or As little as you want but I just wanted Like bite sized and then I just stuck One of the little rainbows in there as Best I could and I figure when they all Dry they will um The rainbow will stick together but I Put mine on wax paper until they've Actually formed and then I just moved Them into this container so I can't wait To see what taste tester thinks
All right I've got some little popcorn Balls Here in My Salsa container because It looks like a cute little pot for the Pot of gold at the end of the rainbow so We'll see what taste tester thinks hey Taste tester huh I have a little taste Okay That's good do you like it yeah all Right everyone come back and see us Again don't forget to like And subscribe Happy St Patrick's Day