Muesli bar ingredients
• 2 cups puffed grains (e.g. puffed quinoa, rice or millet)
• 1 cup of dried fruit (e.g. raisins, sultanas, cranberries, dates, figs etc)
• 1/4 cup seed combination (e.g. pepitas and sunflower seeds)
• 1/2 cup cup brown rice syrup
• 1/2 cup tahini
• 3 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Pinch of sea salt
Dark chocolate drizzle (optional)
• 3 tablespoons of cacao
• 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
• 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
1. Place millet, dried fruit and seeds into a medium/large bowl.
2. In a saucepan, bring the brown rice syrup, tahini and coconut oil to a boil, stirring to prevent it catching.
3. Simmer about a minute then remove from heat, add vanilla and sea salt and pour over millet mix.
4. Transfer the combined muesli mixture into a lined tray pressing down evenly into the tray. I use baking paper over the top when flattening with my hands.
5. To lace over with chocolate simply combine the three ingredients into a small bowl. Whisk by hand until smooth and drizzle over the prepared muesli.
6. Place in the fridge till set. I keep it in slices in the freezer to make them crunchy and chewy. But they will keep in a container for about a week.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free.