Soft and squishy elevenses bars made with warming cinnamon, juicy raisins and rolled oats. These deliciously tasty cake bars are a healthy and nutritious snack, perfect to accompany that mid-morning cuppa. They’re gluten free, refined sugar free and completely vegan – no egg or dairy in sight!
I have no doubt that you will LOVE this recipe – be sure to tag @aveganvisit on Instagram when you make it 🙂
☼ OTHER VEGAN RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
Fully Loaded Banana Bread (Vegan & Gluten Free):
Chocolate & Cranberry Granola:
The Best Vegan Carrot Cake You’ll Ever Try:
You’ll find lots more delicious vegan recipes at www.aveganvisit.com
♡ KEEP IN TOUCH:
225ml dairy free milk
120g coconut oil, melted
75g coconut sugar
1 tbsp (30g) blackstrap molasses (substitute: treacle)
225g self raising flour, gluten free
150g rolled oats plus 20g for sprinkling on top, gluten-free
1 tbsp (15g) baking powder
2 tbsp (15g) cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp (17g) milled flaxseed
2 tbsp water
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C fan (190°C conventional / 375°F / gas mark 5) and line a 20cm (8″) baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a saucepan add the milk, coconut oil, coconut sugar and molasses. Warm gently until the mixture has combined and the sugar has dissolved. Don’t boil.
3. In a large bowl mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
4. Add the milk mixture from the saucepan into the flour mixture in the bowl and stir together to make a cake batter.
5. Make a ‘flax egg’ by mixing together the 2 tbsp each of milled flaxseed and water in a separate bowl.
6. Add the vanilla, flax egg, and raisins to the cake batter and stir in.
7. Transfer to the lined baking tin, top with a sprinkling of oats and bake for 30 minutes, until a knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
Vegan / Dairy Free / Egg Free / Gluten Free / Wheat Free / Nut Free / Refined Sugar Free
Recipe inspired by: 🇬🇧 UK
*Please check the allergens on the ingredients you purchase before use. The allergen information provided in this recipe is intended as a guide only and is based on the specific ingredients and brands used at the time of creating the recipe, therefore we cannot guarantee that the same will apply to the ingredients you use.*